Monday, September 7, 2009

Operation Showers of Appreciation

[jessica+quilt.jpg] Check out this amazing quilt! Isn't it fab? Jessica made it. I just love her sense of style. She is quite the crafty one. And she uses the word 'gnarly' in sentences. What could be better? Jessica made this quilt to be raffled off by Scrapbook Royalty. 100% of the proceeds are going to benefit Operation Showers of Appreciation. Go ahead, click on the link. I'll wait. Anyhow, for those of you that didn't click on the link...Operation Showers of Appreciation is a volunteer based organization that assists active duty and active duty reserve military and their families expecting babies. OSOA honors these families for the many sacrifices they have made in a unique way by providing baby items and hosting large scale baby showers in their honor. I am a military wife myself. My husband is in the Navy Reserves. While I was pregnant with our son my husband was away with the Navy. Fourtunatly, with him being in the Reserves I was still around my family and friends who helped me get through the complications of my pregnancy and take care of me through 4 months of bedrest. I really feel for the military wives that DON'T have family around to help. I know first hand how tough deployments are on families, so this is really dear to my heart. You can purchase one ticket for $5 and for every $20 you spend you get two extra tickets. How awesome would it be to win this? And even if you don't win, you get the warm fuzzy feeling inside of you when you do something nice for someone.

No comments: