Sunday, October 4, 2009

Grungepaper Button Jar

While we are on the subject of grungepaper (we were on the subject of grungepaper, right?) I want to post a project I did quite a while ago, but never posted. I made this out of an empty jar of spagetti sauce ('cause you know how I hate to throw anything away). I made the topper just a little bit larger than the jar lid and it fits very snugly. I wanted brighter colors, so I basecoated the grungepaper in white and then used Dusty Concord and Broken China Distress Ink to color it. The stitching was done by piercing the holes first and then going back and stitching. The backround stamp is Prima and the bird is a Tim Holtz stamp.
Along the bottom of the jar I cut two layers of 'grass' by hand, inked them with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink, and used some Tim Holtz stamps on the backround. I added some Patina stickles in a couple areas for a little more texture. I absolutly love how the grungepaper could curl and hold it's sahpe. Super cool stuff. :)
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Holy cow! This is GORGEOUS!

The Man Crew said...

B, sorry I haven't been around in a while...life is hectic these days. Just wanted to say that as usual, I am in AWE of your creative genius! Your home must be filled with so many pretty things. Keep up the great work, and I'll try not to stay gone so long. How are you and your sweet family? Hope all is well!
Many Hugs,
~K~